Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tripods and animation

I know many of you asked for it, but I still haven't done a final-final Tripod yet. Everytime I come up with an appropriate one, a better idea comes to mind. When doing a film that's a work of passion you really want to do the best you can, and believe me when I say, Blender's opening more and more Easter eggs as the learning process and the development of the software continues. With 2.5 on the horizon, the Fighting Machine wil lno doubt go under more and more evolution. The smoke emitter will definitely be a deciding factor in the final design for the distribution of the black smoke for example. Anyway for the curious amongst you, here you go. No way is the final, and yes I am far from satisfied so far.

As for animation, rigging humans is a pain, but Martians, OMG how easy has it been to animate what I thought would be the most complicated character in the film? The Martian has proved to be less of a challenge and more of an educational experience. As I said before, Blender has so much to offer, and organic fluid animation is one of them. The martian breathes, pulsates, writes... well everything except drool, but hey, it's early days yet. Expect a full teaser of the Martian very very soon

No comments:

Post a Comment