Monday, December 14, 2009

The War of the Words

No that's not a misspelling, it's an exaggeration. The copyright and trademark issues over the name "The War of the worlds" is a tricky one, but not difficult. Yes there are issues but the story itself is not the issues, artwork, only an issue if I steal it (which thankfully it's all my own work). Characters? define characters in the novel, you can't really, it's all nondescript. Just a name just a name. Oh I could reword it "H.G. WELLS: THE WAR OF THE WORLDS", "WAR OF THE WORLDS" or simply "The War" (which is a title of a novel I am writing already), but hey iif I can use the title without a fight or treading on toes I will, I will. For now I'll use the working title "The War of the Worlds" and hope that a reasonable solution can be made.

Special thanks to Damian Collier who handles the trademark issue for the War Of the Worlds for Jeff Wayne and other matters. Without him I'd be flying blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment