Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Observer

"The Observer" is to be the first teaser trailer for the War of the Worlds series. It's kinda fun, creating this alien big brother environment. As you may remember I had some issue creating a convincing alien screen for the footage I got earlier, so I finally gave in and went the simple way (due to time constraints) and used ParticleIllusions and got the effect I needed. Yes I know it's not open source, so sue me, but as Tom pointed out in his interview on the "Making of Elephant Dreams", not every element of the production could depend on Open source software that wasn't available to them at the time. But anyway, just so you can see how it panned out, here is the observer's screen, a small prop of an even greater more complex device.

No comments:

Post a Comment